Apple Tree Yard by Louise Doughty
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I loved the drama adaptation of this book, which aired on BBC at the beginning of the year. And that series definitely made me want to pick up this book.
1. I loved the science parts of this book because I’m a biologist too. And I kind of understood some of the things mentioned.
2. There are metaphors/analogies that Louise uses and they just make me think. One example is the one on page 68, about a spider’s web. And how when the web touches an inanimate subject, it just adheres, but when the web is touched by something that attempts to escape, the web kind of reacts and tries its best to prevent escape.
Continue reading “Review: Apple Tree Yard *SPOILERS*”
I watched this film at the cinema for the first time and I really did enjoy it then. It has such an intricate plot that I found myself not fully understanding how things occurred and even watching it again, I still wouldn’t say I fully understand it. Nevertheless, what an amazing film!! Some scenes in this film just make me tear up. The score by Hans Zimmer is absolutely stunning and is so perfect paired up with some of the scenes. This film makes me think a lot about everything.
Continue reading “Review: Interstellar *SPOILERS*”
I loved 2013’s Wolverine so much. I came into this film not expecting it to be so heartbreaking though. This was a very dark Marvel film (I totally get the 15 rating haha!). After I left the film, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. Hugh Jackman was just amazing. Patrick Stewart was just wonderful as was Dafne Keen. I just felt so much for these characters.
Continue reading “Review: Logan *SPOILERS*”
Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is such a fast paced series, once I get into it, I can’t stop reading! I just love the whole family that live at that compound.
Continue reading “Review: Lover Reborn *SPOILERS*”
Chat Love by Justine Faeth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I received this book from the author for review.
I really love chick-lit and so was very excited to read this book. I definitely found myself relating to some of Lucia’s experiences haha. I liked how fast paced it was and there was an epilogue! Yay!
One of the characters I really liked was Wayne, I thought he was so cute! I found some of the character’s views against online dating a bit harsh, and Lucia’s sister and parents were a bit mean at times.
Overall, I enjoyed this book. It was a light, quick read and it makes you think about when you’re going to find the one :).
View all my reviews
A Summer Fling by Milly Johnson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Wow, I went into this book expecting a very light and easy read! This book definitely had some darker moments but overall, I really enjoyed it. I actually got addicted and decided to read instead of sleep or do the work I was supposed to be doing!
1. The beginning of the book was quite confusing since we were introduced to so many women and their stories. But I quickly got to know the main ladies.
2. Loved how Christie came in and just initiated conversation, bonding and friendship between her and her co-workers. It was wonderful to read about the development of friendship and the amount of support they gave each other.
3. Christie, Anna, Dawn, Raychel, Grace – I really enjoyed reading about them and following them throughout the book.
4. Christie – What a lovely boss and person. Her brother Nikita seemed like such a nice guy as well!
5. Anna – Loved Anna’s story! And her part in the TV show with Vladimir Darq was just amazing haha! Continue reading “Review: A Summer Fling”
I feel like I have discovered so much good music this month and also revisited some old favourites. I went to two concerts this month, ‘Taking Back Sunday‘ and ‘Pinegrove‘. I enjoyed them both so much, they’ve definitely made me excited for the concerts to come.
The Amazons were supporting Jimmy Eat World when I saw them back in November. I regret not paying more attention to this band. They’re getting big! I recently listened to them on Spotify and became addicted to two of their singles.
In My Mind – That guitar at the beginning is just so cool, it also makes you feel cool. And when they repeat, “Baby in my mind” – it’s so catchy. Also, I’ve gone on about it before but Matt’s hair is so nice!
Ultraviolet – This song has a really uplifting sound, and I love the way Matt sings the chorus.
Frank Iero and the Patience
World Destroyer – Frank opened up for ‘Taking Back Sunday‘ with this brilliant song. I love how loud it is, I love the sound of drums and Frank’s aggressive? vocals and how they vary throughout the song.
Discovered Pinegrove when Andrew from Basement covered their song, ‘Problems‘. Evan’s voice is really emotional and beautiful. Their music just reminds me of summer. Delightful!
Aphasia – such a pretty song!
Continue reading “February playlist / Singles ~ 2017”