The Perks of Being a Wallflower – Stephen Chbosky ★★★★
Charlie is such a cute guy! The characters deal with so many issues in this small-ish book.
1. Charlie seems like such a nice guy. He cares a lot for his friends and he put so much thought into Patrick’s mixtape.
2. This book had so many references to various books and songs. Decided to give some songs a listen. I really like them especially Asleep – The Smiths and Daydream – The Smashing Pumpkins. Some of the novels that Bill gives Charlie also ended up on my to-read list.
3. The book did leave me feeling a bit nostalgic. Especially when Charlie and his group of friends were reminiscing.
4. Some parts were sad. When Charlie blames himself for things and when some of the characters fought.
5. I really like Bill, he seemed like a great guy. So kind towards Charlie.
6. The end had an unexpected and shocking revelation!