To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I never read this book during school but I’ve always heard amazing things about it. I found this book for £1 in a charity shop and it looked like it had never been read!
Initially, I found this book quite hard to get into. I did not know what was going on. But as I read more, I got more into it. The setting of America in the 1930s is not something I’ve read much about but it was very well described. I could imagine how hot and dry it was. I did find it strange how Scout and Jem called their dad by his first name.
Some of the characters are so mean and their views are just wrong! Some of the things Mrs Dubose came out with! And also it annoyed me when Scout got scolded by her teacher for being literate – what! Oooo and the Ewells, what a horrible bunch!
Continue reading “Review: To Kill a Mockingbird”
1. Two first time experiences for me. First time properly watching a film from the Alien franchise and the first time seeing a movie on my own.
2. Was going to see Alien a bit of a mistake for me? (Not referring to the film, but the fact that I’m a bit wimpy when it comes to horror/thriller type movies haha). So when a trailer for the new Annabelle movie came on I was terrified and had to avert my eyes towards the floor haha.
4. I really did enjoy this movie. It was intense, very gory and quite shocking at times. The scenes where the aliens burst from the backs of the infected crew were gross!
6. I loved Michael Fassbender and Daniels. How creepy was Michael as David/Walter? When they were both having a conversation and were so close, face to face, I was like they’re going to kiss each other, and then they did! Very strange.
7. Daniels was awesome, really enjoyed the scene where she had to get rid of an alien that managed to cling onto the ship.
8. That ending was kind of a cliffhanger. There was a feeling of dread about what will happen next.
9. I should have watched Prometheus first, to fully understand what had happened previously. I might go and watch it now actually.
10. Overall, as the first film I have ever seen in the Alien franchise, I am definitely hooked and looking forward to future movies and maybe going back and watching the previous movies.