1. Two first time experiences for me. First time properly watching a film from the Alien franchise and the first time seeing a movie on my own.
2. Was going to see Alien a bit of a mistake for me? (Not referring to the film, but the fact that I’m a bit wimpy when it comes to horror/thriller type movies haha). So when a trailer for the new Annabelle movie came on I was terrified and had to avert my eyes towards the floor haha.
4. I really did enjoy this movie. It was intense, very gory and quite shocking at times. The scenes where the aliens burst from the backs of the infected crew were gross!
6. I loved Michael Fassbender and Daniels. How creepy was Michael as David/Walter? When they were both having a conversation and were so close, face to face, I was like they’re going to kiss each other, and then they did! Very strange.
7. Daniels was awesome, really enjoyed the scene where she had to get rid of an alien that managed to cling onto the ship.
8. That ending was kind of a cliffhanger. There was a feeling of dread about what will happen next.
9. I should have watched Prometheus first, to fully understand what had happened previously. I might go and watch it now actually.
10. Overall, as the first film I have ever seen in the Alien franchise, I am definitely hooked and looking forward to future movies and maybe going back and watching the previous movies.
I think I first saw the trailer when I went to watch Logan. “Dom’s gone rogue” – and I was thinking, come on! Really?! I didn’t think Fast and Furious franchise was my thing. But to my surprise I really enjoyed this film! There were quite a lot of plot twists going on. I thought the team were awesome and really enjoyed how they worked together. I also enjoyed the addition of Jason ‘tea and crumpets’ Statham and Scott Eastwood. And Charlize as Cipher – wow she was sooo cold, in one of the scenes she was especially cruel.
Continue reading “Review: The Fate of the Furious *Spoilers*”
I watched this film at the cinema for the first time and I really did enjoy it then. It has such an intricate plot that I found myself not fully understanding how things occurred and even watching it again, I still wouldn’t say I fully understand it. Nevertheless, what an amazing film!! Some scenes in this film just make me tear up. The score by Hans Zimmer is absolutely stunning and is so perfect paired up with some of the scenes. This film makes me think a lot about everything.
Continue reading “Review: Interstellar *SPOILERS*”
I loved 2013’s Wolverine so much. I came into this film not expecting it to be so heartbreaking though. This was a very dark Marvel film (I totally get the 15 rating haha!). After I left the film, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. Hugh Jackman was just amazing. Patrick Stewart was just wonderful as was Dafne Keen. I just felt so much for these characters.
Continue reading “Review: Logan *SPOILERS*”